The environment and sustainability are major factors in every decision we make...
APi-marketing has a history of prioritizing environmental stewardship with the use of sustainable materials and preservation of natural resources. Print is both environmentally and socially responsible as new technologies have allowed the industry to continuously strive for greener materials. This evolution allows us to use paper more efficiently and, more importantly, use safer materials for our workers, community, and environment.
In cooperation with the Two Sides North America team we have captured the essence of responsible stewardship of our forest.
Do You Know The Facts?...is an marketing campaign to raise awareness about the business and environmental benefits of print as an effective marketing communications channel. The campaign aims to dispel the myths and misconceptions that paper and print marketing campaigns are harmful to the environment. Paper and print provide a sustainable means of communication and are an effective medium in a multi-channel marketing campaign.
The Waste Reduction Awards Program (WRAP) was an annual program, established in 1993 by the California Integrated Waste Management Board, that recognized California businesses that made outstanding efforts to reduce nonhazardous waste and send less garbage to our landfills. Though the California WRAP Award program ended in 2011, our commitment to reducing waste through recycling initiatives continues to this day. Our company is proud to have received the WRAP Award for almost every year from 1996 to 2011. One of the more unique recycling policies here is buying our employees lunch! With the money received from recycled metal plates used for printing (approximately 100 lbs. per week), we frequently provide a restaurant take-out lunch to our employees. Money from recycled cans and bottles also goes into this fund. Link to State of California WRAP Website
Recycling ProgramRecycling FACTS
- In 2008, the amount of paper recovered for recycling averaged 340 pounds for every person in the U.S.
- In 2008, a record-high 57.4 percent of the paper consumed in the U.S. was recovered for recycling.
- Every ton of paper recycled saves more than 3.3 cubic yards of landfill space.
- By 2012, the paper industry's goal is to recover 60 percent of all the paper Americans consume for recycling, which is approximately 60 million tons of paper.
- One million tons of recovered paper is enough to fill more than 14,000 railroad cars.
- More than 37 percent of the fiber used to make new paper products in the United States comes from recycled sources.
- Over 90% of the printed paper waste is recycled weekly.
- We strive to recycle 100% of our "box board" either though recycled pickup or by reuse of the boxes.
- 100% of all packing material is reused.
- 100% of the unused and unneeded paper is donated to local preschools, kindergartens, churches, or clubs.
- 100% of our metal plates are recycled and money received goes into the company pizza fund.
- 100% of our unused ink is picked up by a licensed waste hauler and used as a fuel for making bricks.