There are so many benefits to having forests and trees not only in our rural areas, but in our cities as well.
- Forests and trees store carbon, which helps lower the impact of climate change.
- Trees help improve the local climate by removing harmful pollutants and providing shade.
- Trees reduce noise pollution.
- Forests help filter and regulate water.
- Studies show that just being around plants can improve your mood and concentration.
Want to know more about International Day of Forests?
So why do we care about this day and why should you care as a company?
If just being around plants can improve your mood and concentration, why wouldn’t we want out employees to enjoy these benefits? Engaged employees increase productivity. This year for International Day of Forests, we will be giving each employee their very own office plant and we will have our lunch outdoors!
Check out this article for how and why to incorporate plants into your office and home: https://www.nbcnews.com/better/health/indoor-plants-can-instantly-boost-your-health-happiness-ncna781806
What are your plans? You could win that Money Plant in the photo.
Post pictures of your favorite forest areas to social media, use the hashtag #IDOF_APIM, and tag us! Drawing will be done 03/22/18, submission must be made on or before 03/21/18.