As a company we strive to be conscious of how our business decisions affect our community and environment. But what is a company without it’s team of hardworking employees? Nothing, of course! So we want to take a moment to thank our team for their continued help in supporting our community and sustainability goals.
Our team in the community
Our team doesn’t have to be told to be decent people, they already care about the community they live in. That’s why we are proud to have them with us! They frequently volunteer at places like the Auburn 20-30 Club, Cub Scouts, Biodynamic Association of Northern California, Western States Trail Foundation, Tevis, Back Country Horsemen, Soroptimist, and countless others. For those that don’t have official engagements with non-profits, it seems like every weekend one or more of them is off to some hiking or 4 wheeling adventure—and caring for the trails along the way.
Recycling like our world depends on it:
- Over 90% of our printed paper waste is recycled weekly.
- We strive to recycle 100% of our “box board” either through recycled pickup or by reuse of the boxes.
- 100% of all packing material is reused.
- 100% of the unused and unneeded paper is donated to local preschools, kindergartens, churches, or clubs.
- 100% of our metal plates are recycled and money received goes into the company pizza fund.
- 100% of our unused ink is picked up by a licensed waste hauler and used as a fuel for making bricks.
- When given the opportunity, we strive to choose the best sizing and placement of art to generate the least amount of paper waste possible.
- We set our pallets out for collectors, and our employees, to repurpose into other items.